Monday, July 18, 2016

Butter Yellow and Cornflower Blue - Fall Accessories Set



Before Dolly Llama came home after her bladder surgery, I took a trip to Fibre Space in Alexandria to check it out. I had never been there before, but I had a feeling from their online presence that I would totally love it. (I did.) Based on store samples, I selected the patterns for this hat and scarf, and then selected the pattern-appropriate yarns that spoke loudest to me. I also spied the Noro Silk Garden that features (more or less) both the yellow and the blue I had selected for a hat and scarf, knew that it would have to become some mittens, but bought it on a return trip after selecting a mitten pattern on Ravelry.


Ravel it!

A good indication of my stress level and/or exhaustion level is my ability to follow pattern directions. When I'm bringing my 'A' game, I interpret the directions correctly, and I catch mistakes logically. When I'm toeing the line of burnout, I don't do either of those things, and end up ripping out stitches. Sometimes repeatedly. This hat was the first project I worked on after DL came home, and I crocheted it 75% to completion twice before actually following the directions correctly. Anecdotal evidence that lack of sleep makes you dumb.


Ravel it!

I had better luck with this scarf. (I had caught up on some sleep before starting it.) I like that this pattern features lots of lacy, scalloped motifs, but they're all flat, so you don't feel like you're being strangled by ruffles when you wear it. It's the perfect weight for a crisp fall day or for wearing indoors.


Ravel it!

The color variations in these mittens make it possible to refer to these three pieces as a set. Granted, I may have more crochet stamina than most, but I finished both mittens less than 24 hours after purchasing the yarn. I estimate that each mitten took about 2 hours start to finish. These mittens are just the thing for when it's a bit chilly for bare hands, but not so cold that you need some serious gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment