Friday, July 1, 2016

100th Post! Salmon Pasta Salad with Dill


I had thought I might write about my cat's emergency surgery and the blessings that came out of that for my 100th post today, but... I just have the words for that right now. She's doing well, but, now that things seem like they're going to be fine, I am starting to process the emotion of it all. Not really something I need to splash all over the internet.

As I was trying to recreate a pasta salad I had eaten at Whole Foods for lunch today, it dawned on me that a recipe would make a much better 100th post. It's more lighthearted than veterinary surgery, and it allows me to give you something to show my appreciation other than just something to read--a recipe card! You can easily modify this recipe to suit your tastes. Any kind of pasta will do, you can vary the type and amount of mustard to suit your tastes, and/or you could use fresh dill instead of dried.

Click on the recipe card for a larger, printer-friendlier version.

A note about canned salmon: If you haven't used it before, you should know going in that sometimes it's packaged in a very bare-bones (um, almost literally) way with skin on and bones in place. I had not encountered this before, and it really kind of freaked me out. One word: vertebrae. After a little research, I confirmed that it is cooked and ready to eat, and you can eat the bones if you were so inclined. (I wasn't.) This type of packaging is referred to as "traditional pack."

No comments:

Post a Comment