Monday, June 27, 2016

The $50 Kitchen Facelift


Immersing myself in home decor shows and magazines has, oddly enough (*sarcasm*), resulted in wanting to fix up my apartment. However, since this is the summer of less, I'm going for an approach that is both light on labor and light on cost. To borrow some verbiage from "Fixer Upper," I set a kitchen budget of $50 all-in.


My version of "demo day" involved organizing all of the cabinets and drawers and doing a thorough deep-cleaning. Throwing in some new accessories won't do much to brighten things up if I can't find anything and there are still spills from meal-preps past dotting the stove top. (Yeah, I could stand to step up my housekeeping game.)


Once all of the cleaning was done, I brought in my new accessories: dishtowels, a spoon rest, artwork, a cheeky coffee scoop. Aaaaand... that's it! Less than a day of effort to do all the organizing, cleaning, shopping, and staging, and my kitchen feels clean, bright, and pretty. The colors in my kitchen are brighter than anywhere else in my apartment, but bringing in some floral print and some detailed, feminine artwork helps soften the overall look and make it feel a little more connected to the other rooms.


Not the most luxurious or dramatic kitchen makeover ever, but under budget, and I'm quite pleased with the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment