Saturday, May 7, 2016

This Week's Meal Plan

Prepped to prep!

With the unexpected popularity of last week's post about meal-prepping, I thought I would share my game plan for this week. (Click the planner below for a full-size view.) For anyone concerned about time investment, it took me about an hour and a half to construct my meal plan, make my grocery list, AND write this blog post. I start with what's already in the freezer and then fill in the gaps with recipes that share similar ingredients and/or utilize ingredients already in the fridge or pantry to develop my menu.

Click to see full size
What I'm Prepping on Sunday:

  • Trail mix (dried berries, chocolate chips, raw almonds)
  • Green beans (cooked in package, then drizzled with vinaigrette)
  • Applesauce cake
  • Popcorn (popped on the stovetop, then tossed with combo of herbs and spices)
  • Ratatouille
  • Tortellini bake

What's Already in the Freezer:



The Game Plan:

  • Defrost marinara sauce and 3 sweet potato burgers in fridge Saturday into Sunday.
  • On Sunday, prep and bake applesauce cake.
  • Chop veggies and herbs for ratatouille and tortellini bake.
  • Prep tortellini bake, put in oven with applesauce cake.
  • Start ratatouille on the stove, then put in oven after applesauce cake is done.
  • While ratatouille and tortellini bake are finishing up, start popcorn on the stove.
  • Fill small containers with trail mix during remaining cooking/baking time.
  • When popped, toss popcorn with whichever herbs and spices I'm in the mood for.
  • At dinner time, cook burgers and fries in the oven on a cookie sheet. 
  • Cook green beans in microwave, then dress.
  • Finish up burgers with a quick pan-fry to add some crunch/crispiness to the outside of the patties.
  • When everything has cooled, package into single-serving containers. Put everything perishable in the fridge. 
  • On Monday, transfer all meals for Wednesday through the end of the week to the freezer.

Worth Noting:

I'm breaking some of my own "rules" this week--I'm going to have a rotating cast of characters going in and out of the oven on Sunday, and I will have some minor prepping to do during the week. Having to do anything at all during the week is usually my downfall with meal planning, but I think I can manage it. All I need to do is pop ratatouille topped with a raw egg into the toaster oven for about 20 minutes. Since I would want to reheat it regardless (and I really love ratatouille with an egg on top), I'm pretty sure I've got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment