Saturday, March 12, 2016

Weekend Mini-Adventures

My brother was in the general DMV area for work this week, so my parents came in for a Saturday mini-reunion. We had brunch at Busboys and Poets in Hyattsville, MD, and then took in the sights of the NASA Goddard Visitor Center. Mini-adventures like this one and last weekend's goat farm visit are perfect for getting out of the daily grind and getting a change of scenery. Especially with spring's official start right around the corner, I want to make a point to get out of my neighborhood at least once a month. Too much time in a 10-mile radius and my perspective narrows; I get bogged down in the little details of life that don't really matter that much. Plus life is sweeter when there's always something exciting just around the corner!

Are you a fan of the weekend mini-adventure? How do you expand your horizons?

'Science on a Sphere' is definitely the star attraction.


video
The Sphere in motion.


A little planetary whimsy to take home.




No comments:

Post a Comment