Tuesday, December 8, 2015

1000 Things to Be Thankful For: 62-80

The past week brought about some major life changes that made me think I needed to take a step back from this project; I just didn't feel like there was anything to be thankful for. But even when it seems like your life is playing out like a punk rock song, there are still things worth celebrating, like...
  1. Songs that perfectly capture the moment, good or bad. (But especially bad--solidarity!)
  2. Saying that you'll stay friends and meaning it.
  3. Mulling over a problem while driving.
  4. Friends who check in on you just because.

  1. Realizing an impulse buy is just right for a task at hand.
  2. The state of flow that comes from preparing a home-cooked meal.
  3. Actually getting a sub at school when I need one.
  4. Having my grades done well before they're due.

  1. When your house plants are in particularly spectacular bloom.
  2. Those moments when social media is really uplifting and positive.
  3. When a package is delivered early.
  4. Moments at work when there isn't anything I must be doing, and I can catch my breath.
  5. The seemingly elusive moments when my students are actually engaged with what I'm saying.
  6. Finding an "ugly Christmas sweater" with a bat on it.

  1. Having an entire afternoon free to make something. (Check out the tutorial.)
  2. Stumbling upon a special event at a (yarn) store.
  3. A really good nap.
  4. Taking off your shoes at the end of the day.
  5. Sweatshirt dresses and blanket cardigans, because I want to feel like I'm in pajamas but look nice.
Want to see more thankfulness?
Click here for 41-61.
Click here for 21-40.
Click here for 1-20.
Click here for the original 1000 Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment