Since I am currently enchanted with all things 'Dressing Your Truth,' when I spotted this yarn with its gently blended, muted colors, I knew I had to have it. The Mobius structure gives it a gently flowing appearance, and it feels soft and comfy against the skin. It's the sort of accessory that you put on in the morning because it's chilly outside, but you end up wearing it all day because it's just so cozy.
- 1 skein Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Echo
- Size 9 needles
- Tapestry needle
Gauge: 19 stitches and 26 rows = 4"
- Cast on 117 stitches.
- Beginning with a RS row, work 5 rows in stockinette stitch.
- Beginning with a WS row, work 4 rows in garter stitch (2 garter ridges).
- Switch back to stockinette stitch, and work until piece measure 8" from edge of second garter ridge, ending with a RS row.
- Work 4 rows in garter stitch (2 garter ridges).
- Work 4 rows in stockinette.
- Cast off, leaving a low tail for sewing.
- If you want to block your cowl, this is the time. Don't wait until after you've sewn the cowl together; the Moebius curve will make blocking extremely difficult.
- Align the two edges of the work so that one edge has the right side showing and the other has the wrong side showing. This is what will create the Moebius curve.
- Use your tapestry needle to sew the edges together with mattress stitch. Weave in other end.