Saturday, August 1, 2015

This Month


In my mind, August 1 marks back-to-school season. While summer is technically here until September 23, summer vacation is beginning to wind down. It's time to start thinking about things like flex hours, school supply inventories, and syllabi. With the inevitable return to working world imminent, this afternoon I sat down to work on some goals to make the transition a little smoother.

I recently started using a planner from InnerGuide that guides you through goal-setting for the entire year, and then provides you with tools to track your progress and break your lofty intentions down into doable action items. One of my major goals for the year is to read three books a month: 1 fiction, 1 non-fiction, and 1 self-care. August's picks are:


In addition to reading, in August I want to:

  • Continue working towards a 5K. 
  • Develop some "systems" to automate some of the more mundane aspects of adulting.
  • Begin meditating daily.
  • Do at least one thing every day to help me prepare for the coming school year.
  • Redeem myself (in my own mind) by finishing my second attempt at knitting an aviator scarf.


No comments:

Post a Comment