Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blogs I Love

There was a time when I had a list of about 20 blogs that I regularly read. I didn't made a conscious decision to stop reading them, but my interest waned. I've moved, started new jobs, began and ended relationships, and that kind of change naturally upsets routines. However, a few of those websites stuck with me. These are the blogs that I just can't quit:

The dreamy imagery typical of a Tranquility du Jour post.

I have been reading Tranquility du Jour for nearly a decade. Written by Kimberly Wilson, Tranquility du Jour is a great place to, well, get a dose of tranquility. The website is really more of a community than a blog. Kimberly does retreats, podcasts, and a book club. A year or so ago, she and her partner actually went on the road in a (super-adorable) camper to meet fans all around the country. If you visit, expect lots of pink and lots of references to Paris, pigs, and pugs.


Inspiration to get your hustle on at The Everygirl

I started reading The Everygirl after pinning their list of essentials for women in their 20's. At the time, I was in my 20's, and now I have entered my 30's, so that gives you an idea of how long I've been a fan. A lot of their content seems tailored to women in their 20's who are entrepreneurs of one stripe or another, who probably travel for work, and who are finding their way in the world. It's that third item that I relate to most. I like The Everygirl for fashion and beauty trends, self-help kinds of articles, and home decor pieces. I also particularly like that they feature a brief round-up of the top headlines from the week every Friday. The Everygirl's life seems a little fancier than mine, but the articles are accessible and enjoyable even for those of us who aren't moguls in the making.


Vintage whimsy and sound advice from The Simply Luxurious Life

The Simply Luxurious Life is a little bit like a mash-up of The Everygirl and Tranquility du Jour. It's empowering, Francophilic, and, like The Everygirl, a touch schmancier than my real life. Where I think The Simply Luxurious Life, written by Shannon Ables, really excels is in encouraging readers to build their lives thoughtfully and in exactly the way that is right for them. While I love the idea of many of Shannon's product recommendations, the advice of someone also in the process of building an authentic life is actually what keeps me reading. That and Shannon often punctuates her posts with vintage fashion images like the one above, which is just plain fun.

What blogs do you like? Are there any that you've read seemingly forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment